Regional Stroke Center
Sacred Heart Regional Stroke Center is dedicated to saving lives and reducing the damaging effects of stroke. We are proud to be rated among the top 10 percent of stroke programs in the nation, which means better outcomes for our patients. Our targeted, quality program of care is designed to reduce the number of deaths related to stroke, minimize disability, create awareness of prevention, and help reduce the cost of health care.
The Sacred Heart Regional Stroke Center based in the Emergency/Trauma Center at Sacred Heart Hospital in Pensacola provides:
- Rapid assessment of patients with stroke symptoms
- On-site CT scanner in Sacred Heart’s Emergency/Trauma Center
- Aggressive treatment using the very latest therapies and procedures to remove blood clots and blockages inside the neck and head
- Comprehensive care throughout hospitalization, including the services of an Adult Critical Care Unit
- Nurses with neurological expertise or special training in stroke care
- Long-term follow up via a vascular neurology clinic for stroke prevention
- Community education
By using consistent treatment plans and protocols, state-of-the-art diagnostic tools, and the very latest treatments for stroke, Sacred Heart Regional Stroke Center aims to provide faster, more effective care that will improve outcomes and reduce death and disability from stroke. Patients treated in the Regional Stroke Center are more likely to go home following hospitalization instead of being admitted to an extended-care facility or nursing home.
Meet Dr. Terry Neill, our Critical-Care Neurologist >>
Find out more about our Stroke Services:
Sacred Heart Regional Stroke Center
Surviving After Stroke Support Group at Sacred Heart Hospital Pensacola
Stroke Support Group at Sacred Heart Hospital on the Emerald Coast