About the Cancer Center
Welcome to Sacred Heart Cancer Center
Sacred Heart Hospital's comprehensive cancer program is designed to provide our patients with the highest standard of cancer care and the most advance technologies available to fight cancer. New surgical techniques, radiation technologies, chemotherapies and advanced diagnostic capabilities are available to our cancer patients
While receiving treatment at Sacred Heart, patients are encouraged to continue their normal lifestyles as much as possible. The Center's staff takes a special interest in the daily lives of our patients and strives to see each one of them as a whole person. In turn, our treatment is centered on caring for the whole person -- in body, mind and spirit.
We do so by taking into consideration the individual patient's unique needs and concerns, family life, work life, and hobbies and interests. Our staff includes medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, radiologists, surgeons, and the area's only gynecologic oncologist.
Affiliated with MD Anderson Physicians Network®
The Cancer Center at Sacred Heart is a full-service cancer center affiliated with MD Anderson Physicians Network®. As a result of this affiliation, Sacred Heart cancer patients can gain access to the latest clinical care guidelines developed by teams of specialists at The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, the nation’s leading cancer center.
Our Cancer Services
The Sacred Heart Cancer Center also provides:
• Care provided by board certified oncologists, radiation oncologists and cancer surgeons, as well as nurses with advanced training in cancer care.
• A 39-bed inpatient unit dedicated to care of cancer patients.
• Radiation therapy services, including a precise, advanced form of treatment known as Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT).
• Inpatient and outpatient chemotherapy, including services of an infusion center.
• Cancer surgery, including the surgical services of the area’s only gynecologic oncologist who specializes in care of women with gynecologic cancers of the ovaries, uterus or cervix.
• PET/CT advanced imaging technology for earlier diagnosis of cancer.
• Pediatric care provided by specialists with Nemours Children’s Clinic who are board certified in the field of pediatric oncology.
• The Ann L. Baroco Center for Women’s Health, offering digital mammography and other services dedicated to the early detection of breast cancer
• Support groups for cancer patients and their families.