Lung Cancer Screening
The FIGHT against lung cancer is on!
A simple CT scan has been proven to save lives.
Today, lung cancer is the leading cause of cancer in the United States with about 175,000 new cases diagnosed each year.
When caught early, lung cancer is highly treatable. New studies have shown that low-dose CT screening for high-risk individuals can result in a 20% increase in survival from lung cancer.
Who can benefit from a lung cancer screening?
- Adults between the ages of 55-80
- Present and former smokers who have a 30 pack year history of smoking. To calculate pack years smoked, multiply the number of packs smoked per day by the number of years smoked.
What is a Low Dose CT scan?
CT lung screenings use an x-ray generating device that rotates around your body and a powerful computer to create cross-sectional images of the inside of your lungs. The scan helps find cancerous nodules early, often before the disease has spread beyond the lungs. The test is painless and non-invasive.
How do you get a referral?
You need a physician referral to schedule a CT lung screening. If you do not have a physician or you need a referral for the scan, we can help refer you to a doctor by calling our scheduling line at 850-416-1600.
Currently, most insurance companies do not cover the cost of the exam. The cost at the time of service is $149.
Once you receive a referral from your physician, please call 850-416-2940 to schedule your screening.
Lung Screening Locations
- Outpatient Diagnostic Center at Sacred Heart Hospital Pensacola, 850-416-7000
- Sacred Heart Medical Park†at Airport Boulevard, 850-416-1200
- Sacred Heart Medical Park†at Pace, 850-416-5800
*If you are currently a smoker, we strongly encourage you to quit immediately. Please contact Sacred Heartís free smoking cessation program at 850-416-7764 for more details.