Thank you for your interest in Sacred Heart Health System! We ask all Associates of Sacred Heart to live the following Core Values and practice the Performance Standards as criteria for continued employment:
|LIVING OUR CORE VALUES
|Service to the Poor
Generosity of spirit, especially, for persons
Reverence and compassion for the dignity
and diversity of
Inspiring trust through personal leadership.
Integrating excellence and stewardship.
Affirming the hope and joy of our ministry.
PRACTICING EXCELLENCE IN SERVICE:
OUR PERFORMANCE STANDARDS
We are called to:
The Performance Standards have been developed to define specific behavioral expectation for all Associates of Sacred Heart Health System. These Service Standards clearly communicate to each associate the specific service expectations and behaviors for your personal commitment to excellence. In addition, these Standards are considered job requirements and performance evaluation components for all.
|1. Practice the Golden Rule
We are committed to practicing the Golden Rule. Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you (Luke 6:31). To demonstrate your personal commitment to practicing the Golden Rule:
- Treat others with respect and dignity; just as you would want to be treated (rudeness and vulgarity are never tolerated).
- Be courteous to everyone.
- Personally escort anyone needing directions to their destination instead of pointing the way.
- Refrain from discussing personal, patient, or work-related matters in public areas.
- Keep noise levels down.
- Park in associate parking zones only.
- Express gratitude to all our patients; tell them "Thanks you for choosing Sacred Heart."
2. Portray Professionalism & Customer Service
We take pride in our work and how we meet the expectation of all our customers - patients, visitors, the community and each other. Providing excellent service is part of our Mission.
We are sensitive to our customers' physical, emotional, and spiritual needs. Care for our customers and fellow associates will be delivered with courtesy, clarity, and appreciation for diversity. To demonstrate your personal commitment to professionalism and customer service:
- Wear your ID badges at all times and make sure it remains visible.
- Follow the appropriate dress code within your department.
- Regardless of where you are, remember who you are whom you are representing...and act accordingly
- Introduce yourself to patient/guest/co-worker at the beginning of any interaction.
- Arrive for meetings on time.
- Answer voicemails and e-mails as soon as administratively possible, preferably within 24 hours of receipt.
3. Prioritize Safety
Safety is everyone's responsibility. We are all accountable for maintaining a safe place to work and carry out our Mission. To demonstrate your personal commitment to safety:
- Adhere to federal, state, JCAHO, AHCA and OSHA guidelines.
- Follow Health System and departmental procedures regarding safety
- Report all accidents or incidents immediately.
- Clean up spills.
- Do not smoke anywhere on the grounds of our facilities.
4. Personalize Accountability
We are accountable for what we do each day in our professional and personal lives. Thus, we will conduct ourselves with integrity and dedication to the Mission of Sacred Heart Health System. We will be good stewards of our resources and creative in finding ways to further Sacred Heart's Mission. To demonstrate your personal commitment to accountability:
- Resolve problems, remaining action-oriented. When you don't know the answer, advice the customer that you will find someone who can help and follow through.
- Focus on the customer's needs and commit to excellence.
- Follow Sacred Heart Health System's policies and procedures.
- Offer potential solutions to problems presented to you.
- Take action to prevent waste and keep costs down.
- Pick up and dispose of litter wherever and whenever you encounter it.
|5. Promote Teamwork
Teamwork is an essential element is providing excellent care to all our customers. Each associate is recognized as a vital member of the team. We approach opportunities with a cooperative spirit of service. To demonstrate your personal commitment to teamwork:
- Maintain clear, open communication with fellow associates.
- Lead by positive example
- Share your skills and knowledge with others.
- Exhibit positive support for team projects, from development through successful completion.
- Celebrate successes as a team and share the wisdom that comes from failures.
- Appreciate the diversity that individuals bring to the team by valuing differing points of view.
- Hold one another accountable for maintaining our policies, procedures, and performance standards.
- Expand your support beyond the area of expertise, unit or department to assist others.
- Be supportive of co-workers; offer to help each other and work together as a team.
- Offer sincere praise whenever possible and appropriate.
- Never chastise or embarrass fellow associates.
We sincerely thank you for your interest in Sacred Heart Health System.
Return to Homepage or View All Job Postings