Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Scholarship Program
Click here to obtain and print a complete CNA Scholarship Program guidelines packet
In support of our continuous growth and development initiatives, Sacred Heart Health System encourages all associates and outside applicants to pursue a Certification as a Nursing Assistant (CNA).
Sacred Heart Health System will provide financial assistance to selected applicants through our Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Scholarship Program. This program allocates expenses for course materials, books, background checks, and initial certification exam. In exchange, the scholarship recipient commits to work a minimum of six months for Sacred Heart Health Systemís Haven on our Lady of Peace or other entities within the Health System on a full / part time or as needed basis if selected to participate in this program and passing the Florida certification examination for Nursing Assistants.
This accelerated course is designed to prepare the student to challenge the Florida state certification examination for Nursing Assistants through classroom and skills training.
- Completed Scholarship Application.
- Be a current Sacred Heart Health System Associate (transfer eligible) or outside applicant.
- Be able to read, write, and understand English; (determined by a reading score of 7.0 and an applied math score of 6.0 or an overall score of 8.0) on the Test for Adult Basic Education (TABE).
- Successfully pass an extensive background and drug screenings.
The selection process will be based upon the written application, personal/professional references and interview.
- The Scholarship Selection Committee will review all completed scholarship packets and make recommendation for selection.
- A personal interview with a hospital representative may be scheduled.
- Utilizing the scholarship criteria and Application Screening Matrix, applicants are selected based on a point system.
- Only completed applications along with required criteria received by the deadline date will be considered.
- Nursing Administration from The Haven Our Lady of Peace will notify scholarship applicants of acceptance. At the time, the scholarship recipient agrees to work for the Haven of Our Lady of Peace (may refer candidates to other entities within Sacred Heart Health System upon completion of the program).
- Upon course completion, the scholarship recipient must agree to take the certification exam at the next offering. Should the scholarship recipient fail to pass the required licensing exam at the first opportunity, he/she may retake the certification exam at the expense of the recipient.
- Failure to complete / comply with the terms of this scholarship program, the recipient agrees to repay expenses incurred with their training.