Heart & Vascular Services
The team of physicians, surgeons, nurses and imaging specialists at the Heart & Vascular Institute in Pensacola provide comprehensive care for all cardiac and vascular problems – from diagnostic testing to treatment.
Our range of services includes:
- Diagnostic studies and procedures such as stress tests and echocardiograms (ECHO).
- Rapid treatment of chest pain and heart attack
- Catheterization lab procedures such as angioplasty and use of stents to treat coronary blockages
- Heart surgery to treat valve disorders and coronary artery disease
- Diagnosis and treatment of heart rhythm disorders such as atrial fibrillation
- Cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation services
- Heart failure clinic
Sacred Heart is the only hospital in the Pensacola area that is five-star rated for treatment of heart attack and heart failure by a leading national healthcare ratings organization. In addition, the federal government reported last year that Sacred Heart Hospital’s rates of patients having to be readmitted to the hospital after a heart attack or heart failure were significantly better than the national average.