Miracle Camp provides camps and programs that lifts the spirits of children and adults with chronic or life-threatening illnesses. Thanks to this special place, people of all ages may experience a “getaway from the every day.”
Nestled in a peaceful, wooded area northwest of Pensacola, Miracle Camp is located on a 40-acre site along Beulah Road. The camp grew from the collaborative vision of Pensacola's Eric and Peg Nickelsen and Sacred Heart Health System's Patrick J. Madden. Supported by many businesses and individuals who also donated funds, supplies and services to the camp, Sacred Heart and the Nickelsens were able to make the dream of a “miracle camp” into a reality in 2002.
Miracle Camp provides a memorable experience for all who come here seeking respite, peace and renewal. The camp enriches the lives of its visitors and helps them better cope with the challenges they face by:
- Providing therapeutic camp experiences
- Offering educational and supportive programs
- Developing programs for those who provide care to children and adults with chronic and life-threatening illnesses.
- Activities center
- Dormitory that sleeps up to 36 people
- Dining hall
- First aid/medical center
- Main office with conference room
- Pool and pool house
- Open-air chapel by the pond
- Treehouse for children
- Paved walking trails
Click here to view a map of the Miracle Camp.
For more information, or to schedule a retreat or event at Miracle Camp, contact us at (850) 944-1677, or send us an e-mail here.