Sacred Heart to Provide Free Heart-Health Screenings in July 2015 for Poor, Uninsured
During July, Sacred Heart Health System will provide free heart-health and osteoporosis screenings at several locations in Pensacola, Gulf Breeze, Milton and Cantonment for adults who are poor, elderly, or uninsured.
Heart-health screenings will measure blood pressure, blood sugar and total cholesterol, and can detect anemia. The screenings are helpful in diagnosing conditions that put people at high risk for heart attack, stroke, diabetes and other health problems. Osteoporosis screenings measure bone density.
Following is the July schedule:
- July 7 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at St. Ann Catholic Church, 100 Daniel Dr., Gulf Breeze. Osteoporosis screenings only.
- July 8 from 8 to 10:30 a.m. at Loaves & Fishes, 257 E. Lee St., Pensacola. Osteoporosis screenings only.
- July 16 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at First West Florida Baptist District Association Women's Auxiliary, 1201 N. ''H'' St. Heart-health screenings.
- July 18 from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Sunrise Apartments, 4350 W. Fairfield Dr., Pensacola. (Sponsored by Kingdom Life Worship Center.) Heart-health (non-fasting) screenings.
- July 21 from 8:30 to 11 a.m. at St. Rose of Lima Catholic Church, 6451 Park Ave., Milton. Osteoporosis screenings only.
- July 22 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at Cobb Center, 601 E. Mallory St., Pensacola. Osteoporosis screenings only.
- July 29 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at Cantonment Council on Aging, 132 Mintz Lane, Cantonment. Heart-health screenings.
- July 30 from 8:30 to 11 a.m. at Catholic Church of the Holy Spirit, 10650 Gulf Beach Hwy. Heart-health screenings.
For more information about Sacred Heart's ''Mission in Motion'' community-health screenings, please call 850-416-7826.