During June, Sacred Heart Health System will provide free heart-health and osteoporosis screenings at locations in Pensacola and Cantonment.
Heart-health screenings will measure blood pressure, blood sugar and total cholesterol, and can detect anemia. The screenings are helpful in diagnosing conditions that put people at high risk for heart attack, stroke, diabetes and other health problems. Osteoporosis screenings measure bone density.
Following is the June schedule for adult screenings:
• June 7 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at Gull Point Community Center, 7000 Spanish Trail Rd., Pensacola. Heart-health screenings.
• June 14 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at the Cobb Center, 601 E. Mallory St., Pensacola. Osteoporosis screenings.
• June 17 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at Greater Mount Pleasant AME Church, 711 Calloway St., Cantonment. Heart-health screenings.
• June 22 from 9 to 11:30 a.m at Bayview Senior Center, 2000 E. Lloyd St., Pensacola. Osteoporosis screenings.
• June 24 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. (noon) at Charity Baptist Church, 1675 W. Roberts Rd., Cantonment. Heart-health screenings.
• June 29 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at Marie K. Young Community Center, 6405 Wagner Rd., Pensacola. Osteoporosis screenings.
For more information about Sacred Heart's ''Mission in Motion'' community-health screenings, please call 850-416-7826.