During April, Sacred Heart Health System will provide free heart-health screenings at several locations in Pensacola, Jay, Milton and Navarre for the poor, elderly or uninsured.
Heart-health screenings will measure blood pressure, blood sugar and total cholesterol, and can detect anemia. The screenings are helpful in diagnosing conditions that put people at high risk for heart attack, stroke, diabetes and other health problems.
Following is the April schedule for adult screenings:
• April 4 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at Jay Community Center, 5259 Booker Lane, Jay.
• April 5 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at Health & Hope Clinic, 1718 E. Olive Rd., Pensacola.
• April 11 from 7:30 to 10 a.m. at Loaves & Fishes, 257 E. Lee St., Pensacola.
• April 18 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at Betty J. Pullum YMCA, 2379 Pawnee Dr., Navarre.
• April 19 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at Bagdad Community Center, 6860 Pooley St., Milton.
• April 24 from 8 to 10:30 a.m. at Sanders Beach Community Center, 913 S. “T” St., Pensacola.
• April 29 from 8 to 10:30 a.m. at Damascus Road Missionary Baptist Church, 8198 Untreiner Ave., Pensacola.
For more information about Sacred Heart's ''Mission in Motion'' community-health screenings, please call 850-416-7826.