During July, Sacred Heart Health System will provide free osteoporosis screenings at locations in Pensacola, Cantonment, Gulf Breeze and Milton. One location in Pensacola will be dedicated to heart-health screenings.
Osteoporosis screenings measure bone density. Heart-health screenings will measure blood pressure, blood sugar and total cholesterol, and can detect anemia. The screenings are helpful in diagnosing conditions that put people at high risk for heart attack, stroke, diabetes and other health problems.
Following is the July schedule for adult screenings:
• July 12 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at St. Ann Catholic Church, 100 Daniel Dr., Gulf Breeze. Osteoporosis screenings only.
• July 13 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at St. Monica’s Episcopal Church, 699 S. Hwy. 95A, Cantonment. Osteoporosis screenings only.
• July 18 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at Bethel AME Church, 511 Woodland Dr., Pensacola. Osteoporosis screenings only.
• July 19 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at Health & Hope Clinic, 1718 E. Olive Rd., Pensacola. Heart-health screenings only.
• July 20 from 8:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. at St. Rose of Lima Catholic Church, 6451 Park Ave., Milton. Osteoporosis screenings only.
• July 27 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at St. John’s Catholic Church, 303 S. Navy Blvd., Pensacola. Osteoporosis screenings only.
For more information about Sacred Heart's ''Mission in Motion'' community-health screenings, please call 850-416-7826.