During October, Sacred Heart Health System will provide free flu shots at locations in Pensacola and Milton for adults who are poor, elderly or uninsured. Only individuals ages 18+ are eligible for these flu shots. In addition, heart-health screenings will be provided at two locations in Pensacola.
Heart-health screenings will measure blood pressure, blood sugar and total cholesterol, and can detect anemia. The screenings are helpful in diagnosing conditions that put people at high risk for heart attack, stroke, diabetes and other health problems.
Following is the October schedule for adult screenings:
• Oct. 1, from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. at Damascus Road Missionary Baptist Church, 8198 Untreiner Ave., Pensacola. Heart-health screenings only.
• Oct. 12 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at Deliverance Tabernacle, 1780 W. Detroit Blvd., Pensacola. Flu shots.
• Oct. 13 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Westminster Village, 1900 W. Moreno St., Building 3. Non-fasting heart-health screenings only.
• Oct. 18 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at St. Joseph’s Community Clinic, 131 W. Intendencia St., Pensacola. Flu shots.
• Oct. 20 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at St. Christopher’s Episcopal Church, 3200 N. 12th Ave., Pensacola. Flu shots.
• Oct. 22 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at New Birth Baptist Church, 1676 N. “Q” St., Pensacola. Flu shots.
• Oct. 25 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at Charity Chapel, 5820 Montgomery Ave., Pensacola. Flu shots.
• Oct. 26 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at Warrington United Methodist Church, 301 E. Winthrop Ave., Pensacola. Flu shots
• Oct. 27 from 8:30 to 11 a.m. at St. Rose of Lima Catholic Church, 6451 Park Ave., Milton. Flu shots.
For more information about Sacred Heart's ''Mission in Motion'' community-health screenings, please call 850-416-7826.