During May 2013, Sacred Heart Health System will provide a variety of free health screenings in Pensacola and Milton, and a free oral-health screening in Gulf Shores, Ala. Certain locations will provide particular screenings including those for heart health, osteoporosis and oral health.
Heart-health screenings measure blood pressure, blood sugar and total cholesterol and can detect anemia. These screenings are helpful in diagnosing conditions that put people at high risk for heart attack, stroke, diabetes and other health problems. Bone-density screenings aid in the detection of osteoporosis.
Following is the May schedule:
- May 1 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at the Waterfront Bargain Center, 4467 Avalon Blvd., Milton. Oral-health screening.
- May 4 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. at New Birth Baptist Church, 1610 N. ''Q'' St., Pensacola. Bone-density screening.
- May 9 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at East Brent Baptist Church, 4801 Davis Hwy., Pensacola. Heart-health screening.
- May 14 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at St. Mary Catholic Church, 401 Van Pelt Lane, Pensacola. Oral-health screening.
- May 15 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at St. John Catholic Church, 303 S. Navy Blvd., Pensacola. Oral-health screening.
- May 16 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at Westwood Homes, 4400 Westover St., Pensacola. Bone-density screening.
- May 20 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at the YMCA, 410 N. Palafox St., Pensacola. Bone-density screening.
- May 22 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at the Cobb Center, 601 E. Mallory St., Pensacola. Bone-density screenings.
- May 28 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at 309 E. 21st Ave., Gulf Shores, Ala. Oral-health screening.
During the month of May, Sacred Heart's Mission in Motion staff will continue to work to enroll children in the Florida KidCare health-insurance program for income-eligible families of children from birth to age 18. For more information about this enrollment, please call Sacred Heart's Mission in Motion office at 850-416-6040.
Mission in Motion is a community service provided by Sacred Heart Health System in Pensacola. The mobile unit's free services also are made possible by support from the law firm of Kerrigan, Estess, Rankin and McLeod, as well as the Gannett Foundation and other community donors. For more information, call (850) 416-7826.