During April, Sacred Heart Health System will provide free heart-health screenings at locations in Pensacola, Beulah and Milton for adults who are poor, elderly or uninsured. One location will provide free osteoporosis screenings.
Heart-health screenings will measure blood pressure, blood sugar and total cholesterol, and can detect anemia. The screenings are helpful in diagnosing conditions that put people at high risk for heart attack, stroke, diabetes and other health problems. Osteoporosis screenings measure bone density.
Following is the April schedule:
• April 2 from 9:30 a.m. to 12 p.m., at Sonlight Christian Center, 6516 W. Jackson St., Pensacola. Heart-health screenings (non-fasting)
• April 5 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at Beulah Senior Center, 7425 Woodside Rd., Beulah. Heart-health screenings.
• April 13 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at the Cobb Center, 601 E. Mallory St., Pensacola. Heart-health screenings
• April 16 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. at Zion Hope Primitive Baptist Church, 201 W. Leonard St., Pensacola. Heart-health screenings
• April 20 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at Bagdad Community Center, 6860 Pooley St., Milton. Heart-health screenings
• April 21 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at WESCO Senior Center, 904 N. 57th Ave., Pensacola. Osteoporosis screenings only.
• April 27 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at the Fricker Center, 900 N. ''F'' St., Pensacola. Heart-health screenings.
• April 28 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at Gull Point Community Center, 7000 Spanish Trail Rd., Pensacola. Heart-health screenings.
For more information about Sacred Heart's ''Mission in Motion'' community-health screenings, please call 850-416-7826.