During February, Sacred Heart Health System will provide free heart-health screenings at locations in Pensacola and Cantonment for adults who are poor, elderly or uninsured. One location will provide free osteoporosis screenings.
Heart-health screenings will measure blood pressure, blood sugar and total cholesterol, and can detect anemia. The screenings are helpful in diagnosing conditions that put people at high risk for heart attack, stroke, diabetes and other health problems. Osteoporosis screenings measure bone density.
Following is the February schedule:
• Feb. 2 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at Deliverance Tabernacle, 1780 W. Detroit Ave., Pensacola. Heart-health screenings.
• Feb. 11 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at St. Monica's Episcopal Church, 699 S. Hwy. 95A, Cantonment. Heart-health screenings.
• Feb. 20 from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Senior Spirit Health & Wellness Day, Sacred Heart Hospital Conference Center, 5151 N. 9th Ave., Pensacola. Osteoporosis screenings.
• Feb. 24 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at Westminster Village, 1900 W. Moreno St., Building 3, Pensacola. Heart-health screenings.
• Feb. 25 from 5 to 7:30 p.m. at the Women's Health Expo, Sacred Heart Hospital Conference Center, 5151 N. 9th Ave., Pensacola. Heart-health (non-fasting).
For more information about Sacred Heart's ''Mission in Motion'' community-health screenings, please call 850-416-7826.