During June, Sacred Heart Health System will provide free heart-health and osteoporosis screenings at locations in Pensacola, Cantonment and Pace for adults who are poor, elderly or uninsured. Heart-health screenings will measure blood pressure, blood sugar and total cholesterol, and can detect anemia. The screenings are helpful in diagnosing conditions that put people at high risk for heart attack, stroke, diabetes and other health problems. Osteoporosis screenings measure bone density.
Following is the June schedule:
• June 4 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. at New Birth Baptist Church, 1676 N. ''Q'' St., Pensacola. Heart-health screenings.
• June 8 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at Little Flower Catholic Church, 6495 Lillian Hwy., Pensacola. Osteoporosis screenings only.
• June 9 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at St. Monica's Episcopal Church, 699 s. Hwy. 95A, Cantonment. Osteoporosis screenings only.
• June 14 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at First United Methodist Church of Pace, 4540 Chumuckla Hwy., Pace. Heart-health screenings.
• CANCELLED: Health Fair at Liberty Church, 2221 S. Blue Angel Pkwy.
• June 22 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at St. Christopher's Episcopal Church, 3200 N. 12th Ave., Pensacola. Heart-health screenings.
• June 29 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at Westminster Village, 1900 W. Moreno St., Bldg. 3, Pensacola. Heart-health screenings.
For more information about Sacred Heart's ''Mission in Motion'' community-health screenings, please call 850-416-7826.