Sacred Heart to Provide Free Health Screenings in August 2014
During August, Sacred Heart Health System will provide free heart-health and osteoporosis screenings at several locations in Pensacola and Warrington for adults who are poor, elderly or uninsured.
Heart-health screenings will measure blood pressure, blood sugar and total cholesterol, and can detect anemia. The screenings are helpful in diagnosing conditions that put people at high risk for heart attack, stroke, diabetes and other health problems. Osteoporosis screenings measure bone density.
Following is the August schedule:
- Aug. 6 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at the Cobb Center, 601 E. Mallory St., Pensacola. Heart-health screenings.
- Aug. 7 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at Warrington United Methodist Church, 301 E. Winthrop Ave., Warrington. Heart-health screenings.
- Aug. 12 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at Charity Chapel, 5820 Montgomery Ave., Pensacola. Osteoporosis screenings only.
- Aug. 13 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at Westwood Homes, 4400 Westover St., Pensacola. Heart-health screenings.
- Aug. 14 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at St. Mary Catholic Church, 401 Van Pelt Lane, Pensacola. Heart-health screenings.
- Aug. 19 from 8:30 to 11 a.m. at Holy Spirit Catholic Chruch, 10650 Gulf Beach Hwy. Heart-health screenings.
- CANCELLED: Aug. 20 at Legion Field.
For more information about Sacred Heart's ''Mission in Motion'' community-health screenings, please call 850-416-7826.