During August, Sacred Heart Health System will provide free heart-health and osteoporosis screenings at locations in Pensacola and Navarre for adults who are poor, elderly or uninsured. Four locations will provide heart-health screenings; one location will be dedicated to osteoporosis screenings.
Heart-health screenings will measure blood pressure, blood sugar and total cholesterol, and can detect anemia. The screenings are helpful in diagnosing conditions that put people at high risk for heart attack, stroke, diabetes and other health problems. Osteoporosis screenings measure bone density.
Following is the August schedule:
• Aug. 4 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at Catholic Church of the Holy Spirit, 10650 Gulf Beach Hwy., Pensacola. Heart-health screenings.
• Aug. 11 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at the Fricker Center, 900 N. ''F'' St., Pensacola. Osteoporosis screenings only.
• Aug. 16 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at the Bethel AME Senior Tuesday Ministry Health Fair, Bayview Senior Center, 2000 E. Lloyd St. Heart-health screenings.
• Aug. 23 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at St. Joseph's Catholic Church, 140 W. Government St., Pensacola. Heart-health screenings.
• Aug. 30 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at Betty Pullum YMCA, 2379 Pawnee Dr., Navarre. Heart-health screenings.
• Aug. 31 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at Health & Hope Clinic, 1000 W. Blount St., Pensacola. Heart-health screenings.
For more information about Sacred Heart's ''Mission in Motion'' community-health screenings, please call 850-416-7826.