During October, Sacred Heart Health System will provide free flu shots, heart-health and osteoporosis screenings at locations in Pensacola and free flu shots at one Gulf Breeze location for adults who are poor, elderly or uninsured.
Heart-health screenings will measure blood pressure, blood sugar and total cholesterol, and can detect anemia. The screenings are helpful in diagnosing conditions that put people at high risk for heart attack, stroke, diabetes and other health problems. Osteoporosis screenings measure bone density.
Following is the October schedule:
• Oct. 8 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at Grace Assembly of God, 6117 Fairfield Dr., Pensacola. Osteoporosis screenings only.
• Oct. 14 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at Deliverance Tabernacle, 1780 W. Detroit Blvd., Pensacola. Flu shots only.
• Oct. 15 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Westminster Village, 1900 W. Moreno St., Building 3, Pensacola. Heart-health screenings only (non-fasting).
• Oct. 17 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at New Birth Baptist Church, 1676 N. ''Q'' St., Pensacola. Flu shots only.
• Oct. 27 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at Charity Chapel, 5820 Montgomery Ave., Pensacola. Flu shots only.
• Oct. 28 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at St. Ann Catholic Church, 100 Daniel Dr., Gulf Breeze. Flu shots only.
• Oct. 29 from 8 to 10:30 a.m. at Loaves & Fishes, 257 E. Lee St., Pensacola. Flu shots only.
For more information about Sacred Heart's ''Mission in Motion'' community-health screenings, please call 850-416-7826