Sacred Heart to Provide Free Health Screenings in August 2015 for Poor, Uninsured
During August, Sacred Heart Health System will provide free heart-health and osteoporosis screenings at several locations in Pensacola, Warrington, Navarre and Ft. Walton Beach for adults who are poor, elderly, or uninsured.
Heart-health screenings will measure blood pressure, blood sugar and total cholesterol, and can detect anemia. The screenings are helpful in diagnosing conditions that put people at high risk for heart attack, stroke, diabetes and other health problems. Osteoporosis screenings measure bone density.
Following is the August schedule:
- Aug. 4 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at Charity Chapel, 5820 Montgomery Ave., Pensacola. Osteoporosis screenings only.
- Aug. 5 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at Warrington United Methodist Church, 301 E. Winthrop Ave., Warrington. Osteoporosis screenings only.
- Aug. 8 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at S4P Synergy, Inc. at the 7th Annual 3-in-1 Community Festival, 24 Bass Ave. SW, Ft. Walton Beach. Heart-health screenings (non-fasting).
- Aug. 12 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at St. John the Evangelist Catholic Church, 303 S. Navy Blvd., Pensacola. Heart-health screenings.
- Aug. 18 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at Lutheran Church of the Resurrection, 6305 N. Blue Angel Pkwy., Pensacola. Heart-health screenings.
- Aug. 20 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at The Fricker Center, 900 N. ''F'' St., Pensacola. Heart-health screenings.
- Aug. 25 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at WESCO Senior Center, 904 N. 57th Ave., Pensacola. Heart-health screenings.
- Aug. 26 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at Betty Pullum YMCA, 2379 Pawnee Dr., Navarre. Heart-health screenings.
For more information about Sacred Heart's ''Mission in Motion'' community-health screenings, please call 850-416-7826.