Sacred Heart to Provide Free Health Screeings in May 2016 for Poor, Uninsured
During May, Sacred Heart Health System will provide free heart-health and osteoporosis screenings at locations in Pensacola for adults who are poor, elderly or uninsured.
Heart-health screenings will measure blood pressure, blood sugar and total cholesterol, and can detect anemia. The screenings are helpful in diagnosing conditions that put people at high risk for heart attack, stroke, diabetes and other health problems. Osteoporosis screenings measure bone density.
Following is the May schedule:
• May 10 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at Charity Chapel, 5820 Montgomery Ave., Pensacola. Osteoporosis screenings only.
• May 11 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at St. John the Evangelist Catholic Church, 303 S. Navy Blvd., Pensacola. Heart-health screenings only.
• May 16 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at Grace Assembly of God, 6117 W. Fairfield Dr., Pensacola. Heart-health screenings only.
• May 24 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at Deliverance Tabernacle, 1780 W. Detroit Blvd., Pensacola. Osteoporosis screenings only.
• May 26 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at Bayview Senior Center, 2000 E. Lloyd St., Pensacola. Heart-health screenings only.
For more information about Sacred Heart's ''Mission in Motion'' community-health screenings, please call 850-416-7826.