Sacred Heart to Provide Free Health Screenings in October 2014
During October, Sacred Heart Health System will provide free heart-health screenings at several locations in Pensacola, Gulf Breeze and Cantonment for adults who are poor, elderly, or uninsured.
Heart-health screenings will measure blood pressure, blood sugar, and total cholesterol, and can detect anemia. The screenings are helpful in diagnosing conditions that put people at high risk for heart attack, stroke, diabetes, and other health problems. Following is the October schedule:
- Oct. 2 from 8:30 to 11 a.m. at Pensacola United Methodist Community Ministries, 2600 W. Strong St., Pensacola. Heart-health screenings.
- Oct. 4 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. at Damascus Road Missionary Baptist Church, 8198 Untreiner Ave., Pensacola. Heart-health screenings.
- Oct. 9 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Westminster Village, 1700 N. ''L'' St., Building 3, Pensacola. Non-fasting heart-health screenings.
- Oct. 11 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Bayview Senior Center, 2000 E. Lloyd St., Pensacola. Non-fasting heart health screenings.
- Oct. 20 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at St. Ann Catholic Church, 100 Daniel Dr., Gulf Breeze. Heart-health screenings.
- Oct. 22 from 8 to 10:30 a.m. at Loaves & Fishes, 257 E. Lee St., Pensacola. Heart-health screenings.
- Oct. 29 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at Cantonment Council on Aging, 132 Mintz Lane, Cantonment. Heart-health screenings.
For more information about Sacred Heart's ''Mission in Motion'' community-health screenings, please call 850-416-7826.