Sacred Heart Hospital, Pensacola, and Sacred Heart Hospital on the Emerald
Coast, Destin, are committed to respecting and protecting the privacy of our web site visitors. This policy statement tells you how we handle the information we collect from you when you visit us at www.sacred-heart.org
If you wish to read our policy on
protecting the privacy of our patients' health information,
What Information Do We Collect?
We do not automatically collect the full e-mail address of visitors to our Web site. The only way we obtain your name or e-mail address is if you provide that information voluntarily on a survey or feedback form contained in our web site, such as the Your Comments page.
Our web server does collect the following general information about you:
- The name of the domain from which you access the Internet (for example, aol.com, if you are connecting from an America Online account);
- The date and time you access our service;
- The pages you visit;
- The Internet address of the web site from which you linked directly to us.
- The name and release number of web browser software you are using.
This information is collected automatically and it is not linked to your personal identity. It is used in an aggregate way to help us improve our web site, inform us about how often and when people visit our Web site, and to tell us the number of visitors to our site each day.
How Do We Use the Information We Collect?
Sacred Heart Hospital does not sell, trade or rent personal information about its web site users. However, if you identify yourself by sending an e-mail, by using a form like "Your Comments" or by registering to receive information from us, there are a few things you should know.
- E-mail addresses provided by visitors are used to respond to comments or questions submitted through our feedback and survey forms.
- E-mail addresses provided when subscribing to our list for e-mail bulletins or newsletters are used to distribute the material to subscribers.
- Various people at Sacred Heart Hospital may see the material you submit.
- We may enter the information you send into our electronic database, to share with our physicians, other health care professionals, or our Internet services staff.
- In other limited circumstances, including requests from legal authorities, we may be required by law to disclose information you submit.
- Under no circumstances will we ever disclose (to a third party) personal information about individual medical conditions or interests, except when we believe in good faith that the law requires it.
In addition to the information you provide when you use our web site, Sacred Heart Health System uses technology to collect anonymous information about the use of our web site. For example, we use technology to track how many visitors access our web site, the date and time of their visit, the length of their stay, and which pages they view. We also use technology to determine which web browsers our visitors use and the address from which they accessed our site.
This technology does not identify you personally. It simply enables us to compile statistics about our visitors and their use of our site. Sacred Heart Health System uses this anonymous data and shares it with third-parties for various reasons, for example, to improve the content and functionality of our web site, to better understand the needs and interests of our visitors, to improve our programs and services.
What About "Cookies"?
In order to collect the anonymous data described in the preceding paragraph, Sacred Heart Health System web site may use temporary "cookies" that collect the first level domain name of the user (for example, if your e-mail address is "email@example.com," the cookie collects the "xyz.com" portion of your e-mail address) and the date and time you accessed this Web site. Cookies by themselves cannot be used to discover the identity of the user.
A cookie is a small piece of information which is sent to your browser and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies do not damage your computer. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. This enables you to decide if you want to accept it or not.
At the present time, Sacred Heart Health System only uses temporary or "session" cookies. These "session" cookies expire when your browser window is closed.In order for certain applications on Sacred Heart Health System’s websites to function properly, if at all, it is necessary for your computer to accept cookies.
Children Under 13
We do not allow Web site visitors under the age of 13 to be listed in our e-mail subscription list. Children under age 13 should not submit information to us via the Web site without their parents' consent.
- The Sacred Heart web site offers an electronic health newsletter in partnership with a national company , Constant Contact. This service allows subscribers to easily stop their subscription to our e-mail service at any time. Constant Contact also provides safeguards to ensure that only those who request to be on the list can be added to the list. Constant Contact
also does not share data from the Sacred Heart mailing list with anyone else.
Security of Communications
You should be aware that electronic mail and other Internet communications channels are not necessarily secure against interception. While we take precautions, such as encrypting communications where appropriate, if your communication is very sensitive, or includes information like your diagnosis or medical history, you might want to send it by postal mail
This web site provide a small number of links to other useful or interesting web sites that are not owned or controlled Sacred Heart Hospital. We cannot be responsible for the content or privacy practices used by other web site owners.
By using our web site, you consent to the collection and use of information discussed above. Changes in this policy will be posted on this page so you may be aware of what information is being collected, how it is being used, and under what circumstances it will be disclosed.