Northwest Florida’s Leader in Clinical Excellence and Patient Satisfaction
Sacred Heart Health System has established itself as the area’s leader in high-quality healthcare. The quality of our physicians and staff, combined with our focus on continuous improvement of patient safety and high-quality outcomes, can be seen in the excellent ratings we have received on patient satisfaction surveys. Our success in providing excellent care also is reflected in the Consumer Choice Awards which we have received for the past 16 years.
Sacred Heart also is a leader in providing higher-quality care at a lower cost compared to most other hospitals. The state of Florida provides quality and financial data about hospitals to help consumers make informed health care decisions. You can access this information by visiting floridahealthfinder.com.
Recognition for Clinical Excellence
Sacred Heart Hospital in Pensacola has been ranked among the top hospitals in the United States.
A leading national healthcare ratingws organization also recognized Sacred Heart Hospital as having five-star ratings for its patient outcomes in many areas, including:
- Named the recipient of Bariatric Surgery Excellence Awards for six consecutive years (2009-2014)
- Ranked Among the top 5 percent in the nation for Bariatric Surgery (2010-2012)
- Five-star rated for treatment of Heart Attack two consecutive years (2011, 2012)
- Five-star rated for treatment of Heart Failure, four consecutive years (2009-2012)
- Recipient of Critical Care Excellence Awards and ranked in the top 10 percent in the nation for Critical Care three consecutive years (2011, 2012, 2013)
- Five-star rated for treatment of Sepsis (bloodstream infections) for four straight years (2009-2012)
- Five-star rated for treatment of Respiratory Failure three years in a row (2010-2012)
- Five-star rated for medical treatment of Gastrointestinal Disorders and rated in the top 10 percent of the nation in this category (2011, 2012)
- Five-star rated for treatment of Gastrointestinal Bleeding (2011, 2012)
- Five-star rated for Appendectomy four years (2010-2012, 2014)
- Five-star rated for treatment of Bowel Obstructions (2011, 2012)
- Recipient of the Gynecological Surgery Excellence Award (2014)
- Five-star rated for excellence in gynecologic surgery (2011, 2014)
- Five-star rated for Total Knee Replacement (2014)
- Five-star rated for treatment of Pneumonia three years in a row (2010-2012)
- Five-star rated for treatment of stroke five straight years (2008-2012)
- Five-star rated for Carotid Surgery (2014)
- Five-star rated for Peripheral Vascular Bypass surgery three years (2011-2012, 2014)
Because of Sacred Heart's capabilities for providing first-rate care, even to patients with the most serious conditions, Sacred Heart was named among the nation's Best Regional Hospitals in 2011-12 by U.S. News & World Report.