Northwest Florida’s Leader in Clinical Excellence and Patient Satisfaction
Sacred Heart Health System has established itself as the area’s leader in high-quality healthcare. The quality of our physicians and staff, combined with our focus on continuous improvement of patient safety and high-quality outcomes, can be seen in the excellent ratings we have received on patient satisfaction surveys. Our success in providing excellent care also is reflected in the Consumer Choice Awards which we have received for the past 15 years.
Sacred Heart also is a leader in providing higher quality care at a lower cost compared to most other hospitals. The state of Florida provides quality and financial data about hospitals to help consumers make informed health care decisions. You can access this information by visiting floridahealthfinder.com.
Recognition for Clinical Excellence
Sacred Heart Hospital in Pensacola has been ranked among the top 5 percent of all U.S. hospitals for clinical excellence in 2011 and 2012.
A leading national healthcare ratingws organization also recognized Sacred Heart Hospital as having five-star ratings for its patient outcomes in many areas, including:
- Sacred Heart Surgical Weight Loss Center is ranked as No.1 in the state of Florida for clinical excellence in bariatric surgery for 2011.
- Named the recipient of Bariatric Surgery Excellence Awards for three consecutive years (2009-2011)
- Ranked Among the top 5 percent in the nation for Bariatric Surgery 2010-2012.
- Five-star rated for treatment of Heart Attack two consecutive years (2011, 2012)
- Five-star rated for treatment of Heart Failure, four consecutive years (2009-2012)
- Recipient of Critical Care Excellence Awards and ranked in the top 10 percent in the nation for Critical Care two consecutive years (2011, 2012)
- Five-star rated for treatment of Sepsis (bloodstream infections) for four straight years (2009-2012)
- Five-star rated for treatment of Respiratory Failure three years in a row (2010-2012)
- Five-star rated for medical treatment of Gastrointestinal Disorders and rated in the top 10 percent of the nation in this category (2011, 2012)
- Five-star rated for treatment of Gastrointestinal Bleeding (2011, 2012)
- Five-star rated for Appendectomy three years in a row (2010-2012)
- Five-star rated for treatment of Bowel Obstructions (2011, 2012)
- Five-star rated for excellence in gynecologic surgery in 2011.
- Five-star rated for Hip Fracture Repair, three consecutive years (2009-2011)
- Sacred Heart Regional Stroke Center is the recipient of Stroke Care Excellence Awards for two years in a row (2010 and 2011)
- Ranked among the top 5 percent of hospitals in the nation for treatment of stroke for three years in a row (2009-2011)
- Five-star rated for treatment of stroke five straight years (2008-2012)
- Five-star rated for Peripheral Vascular Bypass surgery two years in a row (2011-2012)
Because of Sacred Heart's capabilities for providing first-rate care, even to patients with the most serious conditions, Sacred Heart was named among the nation's Best Regional Hospitals in 2011-12 by U.S. News & World Report.