Thank you for your interest in serving The Studer Family Children’s Hospital at Sacred Heart! We welcome the support of individuals – both adults and teenagers – as well as community groups who wish to donate their time and talents.
Providing special entertainment and treats for our pediatric patients and their families is a wonderful way for community organizations to be involved at The Children's Hospital. Your support makes a tremendous difference in our hospital experience and truly brightens the days of our patients, families and staff.
Some examples of activities provided in the past include special pizza, movie or game nights, as well as scrapbooking, BINGO, music, parties, scavenger hunts, puzzle challenges, holiday festivities, game days and arts & crafts time – just to name a few!
If your community group is interested in visiting The Children’s Hospital, please complete our Special Visit Request Form, which can be downloaded to your computer, edited, saved and e-mailed to the contacts provided on the bottom of the form. For questions, contact our child life specialist at 850-416-4363.
If you’re wishing to donate items to The Children’s Hospital, we invite you to review our “Wish List” and “Guide to Handmade Items”.
Volunteers are an essential part of our hospital. Their caring and generous spirits provide services that enhance the patient and family experience and make a difference every day!
Multiple options are available for volunteering throughout The Children's Hospital. Our goal is to match each volunteer’s skills and interests to best serve the needs of our patients, families and staff.
For more information about any of these opportunities, please contact the Volunteer Office at 850-416-5730.
The following opportunities are available for both teens and adults:
- Playroom Child Life Volunteers – provide playtime activities for pediatric patients in our playroom and facilitate a safe, clean and inviting play environment.
- Craft Volunteer – share your talents from the comfort of your own home. Various donations are needed including baby blankets, pillow cases, hero capes and finger puppets. Patterns are available on our “Guide to Handmade Items.”
- Patient Support Volunteers – assist staff with monitoring security access, stocking supplies and performing basic clerical tasks.
The following opportunities are available for adult volunteers over the age of 18:
- Bedside Child Life Volunteers – provide diversional play, reading or other activity with pediatric patients at the bedside.
- Art Cart Volunteers – utilize cart filled with arts and crafts projects ready to assemble at the bedside or in a group setting.
- Hospitality Volunteers – visit patient rooms, offer non-medical assistance, welcome new admissions and provide families with guest information.
- Beads of Courage Volunteers – organize supplies and assist children in building their beads of courage necklaces. Each Bead of Courage represents a medical milestone our children encounter or experience throughout their healthcare journey.
- “Sacred Paws” Animal-Assisted Visits – share in the joy that four-legged, furry visitors can bring to our patients. Both pet and handler must be certified through Pet Partners.
Please note that our NICU cuddler volunteer slots are currently full! We would LOVE to have you in any of our other volunteer positions through either our children's or adult hospital.
How to Become a Volunteer
If you are an adult interested in volunteering at The Children’s Hospital, please submit an application, available on our website. For more information, contact our volunteer office at 850-416-5730.
Teens interested in volunteering at The Children’s Hospital must be at least 16 years old and have successfully completed the ninth grade. Applications are available upon request from our volunteer office at 850-416-5730. Teen volunteer applications are available during the following times:
- Summer program applications are accepted April 1 - May 15
- School year program applications are accepted August 1 - September 30
Due to the time associated with screening and training our volunteers, we ask that individuals be willing to serve a minimum of 4 hours per month for a minimum of 6 months, or 50 hours.
For more information about volunteering at Sacred Heart Hospital, please call 850-416-5730.