The Studer Family Children’s Hospital at Sacred Heart offers a wide range of services and strives to meet all of a child’s medical needs:
- University of Florida Health – Through our affiliation with University of Florida Health, Sacred Heart is staying on the leading edge of children’s healthcare, providing access to some of the most specialized pediatric programs for a wide range of complex conditions.
- Pediatric Emergency Department – Our 12-bed emergency room offers child-sized equipment, a separate waiting area just for kids and their parents, bright and child-friendly treatment rooms and team members who specialize in care for children.
- Pediatric Surgery – As Northwest Florida’s only pediatric surgical program, our board-certified pediatric surgeon specializes in procedures for children all ages, as well as prenatal consultations for babies who haven’t yet been born.
- Pediatric Neurosurgery – Our pediatric neurosurgeon is one of only about 200 such specialists found across the country and specializes in surgery for children of all ages with brain and spine conditions.
- Pediatric Craniofacial Surgery – The Gulf Coast Cleft and Craniofacial Team specialize in the complex management of children with cleft and craniofacial disorders, including the surgical treatment of cleft lip and palate, as well as skull and facial deformities such as craniosynostosis and hemifacial microsomia. Our team also performs a surgery called mandibular distraction osteogenesis, which treats tongue-based obstructive sleep apnea for infants with a small jaw, a condition known as micrognathia.
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit – This 10-bed unit cares for critically ill and injured children around the clock, with some of the most common illnesses including severe breathing problems, serious infections, congenital heart disease, trauma and severe head injuries.
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit – The Children’s Hospital offers Northwest Florida’s only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, with 67 beds devoted to the care of babies who are premature, sick or critically ill.
- Pediatric Oncology – The Dr. Thomas G. Jenkins Pediatric Oncology Unit at The Children’s Hospital is a 9-bed unit dedicated to the treatment of pediatric cancers and blood disorders.
- Pediatric Infusion Center – This outpatient center is where chemotherapy and other infusion procedures are administered in a special setting just for children, with specially trained pediatric and oncology nurses.
- Autism Center – Our expert team offers individual consultations, hands-on support and parent training classes to help your child succeed in learning social skills and behaviors at all ages.
- Pediatric Care Center – This pediatric practice provides children and babies with same-day appointments, well-baby checkups, immunizations, routine physicals, treatment management and follow-up care.
- Child Life Department - As experts in child development, child life specialists work to ensure that life remains as normal as possible for children in healthcare settings by promoting effective coping through play, self-expression activities and age-appropriate medical education.
- Early Steps Program - The Children’s Hospital is home to the Western Panhandle Early Steps program, which provides free early intervention services to minimize developmental delay for children from birth to three years of age in Escambia, Santa Rosa, Okaloosa and Walton counties.
- Miracle Camp – Sacred Heart’s Miracle Camp provides camps and programs to lift the spirits of children and adults with chronic or life-threatening illnesses. Thanks to this special place, people of all ages may experience a "getaway from the every day."