During April, Sacred Heart Health System will provide free heart-health screenings at locations in Pensacola, Milton and Beulah for adults who are poor, elderly or uninsured. Heart-health screenings will measure blood pressure, blood sugar and total cholesterol, and can detect anemia. The screenings are helpful in diagnosing conditions that put people at high risk for heart attack, stroke, diabetes and other health problems.
Following is the schedule for April:
• April 3 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at St. John’s Catholic Church, 303 S. Navy Blvd., Pensacola.
• April 4 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at Westwood Homes, 4410 Westover St., Pensacola.
• April 11 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at Little Flower Catholic Church, 6495 Lillian Hwy., Pensacola.
• April 14 from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. as part of Sacred Heart’s Medical Mission at Home event, Brownsville Community Center, 3200 W. DeSoto St. Screenings will include total cholesterol and blood sugar through Mission in Motion.
• April 17 from 9 to 11:30 a.m. at Beulah Senior Center, 7425 Woodside Rd., Beulah.
• April 19 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. at East Brent Baptist Church, 4801 N. Davis Hwy., Pensacola.
• April 27 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. at Greater Bethlehem AME Church, 5299 Richburg St., Milton.
• April 28 from 9:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. at Damascus Road Missionary Baptist Church, 8198 Untreiner Ave., Pensacola.
For more information about Sacred Heart's ''Mission in Motion'' community-health screenings, please call 850-416-7826.